Sometimes we can get sucked into an Internet black hole.
I hate to tell you, but that can either make or break creativity. Spending time only looking at what others are doing isn’t going to help us boost our creative production. While there is a wide spectrum of things that promote creativity on the Internet, infinite amounts, we need to go back to the basics. Because we are born to create–it is one of the most natural things in this world–let’s go back to the beginning. Let’s escape technology for just a little bit and see how our creative juices flow.
Side note, have you ever thought about the term “creative juices”? Fruit came to my mind just now. Isn’t that such a cool relationship between fruit and creativity? I think fruit is the perfect food on the planet. And creativity is just as juicy and energizing, just like fruit, fueling our everyday lives, making us move forward.
Okay, side note over.
Today I want to talk about 16 ways you can be creative without the Internet. Yes, turn your phone off. Disable your WiFi. It may be uncomfortable, but it will get better. Then, just explore. Here are some ideas to get you started.
16 Creative Things to Do Without the Internet
1. Talk to a friend or give advice to someone in need.
2. Make a shopping list.
3. Paint a picture or go on a photography walk.
4. Take time to write in a journal about your day.
5. Make a scrapbook or a travel journal. (Here’s my process to make a travel journal!)
6. Write your goals for the month.
7. Send a card to a family member.
8. Plant a garden.
9. Bake your favorite dessert.
10. Go fruit picking.
11. Make a video.
12. Write a blog post on paper. Learn why to use a blogging notebook to write and brainstorm posts.
13. Go for a run or do your favorite workout.
14. Attend an event in your area like a concert, book signing, cooking class or yoga session.
15. Clean out and donate old clothes and items around the house.
16. Take time to meditate and be with your own thoughts. Just breathe in, breathe out.
[bctt tweet=”Get creative with these things to do without the Internet! Fuel your #creativecalling.”]
How do you guys like to be creative when doing a digital detox? There are countless things to do to inspire us to live better and appreciate all aspects of life. I’m so glad I had the chance to share my favorites with you all today.
I hope you all are each doing well. Be sure to update me on your lives in the comments!