Today I am so excited to link up with my blogging friend, Brittany, from The Kardia for the first Flourish Linkup. This link up is all about living out our goals and our purposes in life. We all thrive and flourish in so many big and small ways–so it’s time to believe in our dreams and chase after them! Brittany’s blog has been a huge influence in my blogging pursuits, as she shares such inspiring content I always love reading. She’s definitely such a light and a force for showing us how we can flourish in this world. So I hope you all join us in pursuing our dreams and connecting more with each other through blogland. Here’s how the Flourish Linkup works:
1. Share 10 things you are grateful for.
As Brittany said, gratitude changes everything. It changes perspectives and it changes hearts. Here are some of the things I am grateful for today:
- A wonderful group of friends who accept me and love me even when my weird side comes out. They are there no matter what.
- Target. Because Target has everything and I’m there always, let’s be real.
- Colorful pens that make writing and planning more fun to do.
- Fellow bloggers who spread light in so many ways.
- The ability to go part-time for my last semester in college, to save money and time.
- Plans to have an amazing last spring break with my friends.
- The opportunity to go to school in this beautiful state of North Carolina.
- My parents’ love and guidance, and making sure I learn important lessons on my own.
- Access to healthy food and group exercise classes at school to keep in shape and take care of my body.
- Music, photography, Pinterest, art, adventures and deep conversations–all the things that inspire me creatively and move me forward.
2. How will you flourish creatively this month?
This month’s topic is all about flourishing creatively–something I love planning and talking about! For this month, I ant to focus my creativity on two things outside of school and work. 1) I want to flourish creatively through putting my best effort into blogging and sharing my thoughts with you all. I want to be loyal to the many ideas floating around in my head. I want to be loyal to my blog and truly live out my creative calling for this space. 2) The second way is a little less specific, but I hope to flourish creatively through reaching out and connecting with others more often. I want to dive deeper into the power of collaboration and how that fuels creativity. I want to have more conversations with others, hear their stories and come up with a wider view of the world and all the lives within it. I believe that all different people make the beauty of the world, and uncovering that beauty is one of the largest parts of creativity.
3. What does the word “flourish” mean to you?
The more and more I think of the word flourish, the more I fall in love with it and what it stands for (English minor problems!). The word “flourish” often means to thrive or to succeed, but I think it is so much more than that. “Flourishing” reminds me of flowers and nature. It reminds me of growing and succeeding in a natural, wholesome and healthy way. Flourishing is natural, meaning it is so deeply connected to who we are and how we’re made. It is interwoven in our dreams, talents, gifts and purpose, which means we are born to flourish. Flourishing means to be bold in the most natural way, the most truest forms of being 100% ourselves. We need to believe in who we are and know that we will flourish. If I narrow it down to one sentence I think it would be:
To flourish is to bloom boldly with everything we are made of.
What do you think of when you hear the word “flourish”? How do you plan to flourish during February?
Make sure to head over to Brittany’s page to link up with us and to see how others plan to flourish creatively in their everyday lives.