While I’m a little bit sad to say goodbye to summer so soon, I am trying to embrace everything autumn for the months ahead.
When I think of autumn, I think of piling on sweaters, getting cozy next to a fire, feeling the crisp air and sipping on warm drinks. But fall is also a time for busyness, for getting things done and for feeling accomplished. A lot of times because of the cool weather, I find myself staying indoors and not venturing out into the open air. In a similar sense, I also find myself staying close to my comfort zone and not expanding my reach or taking adventures.
But autumn isn’t meant for our comfort. The world isn’t made for our comfort. We are made to be wild and free. We are meant to embrace these wild adventures. The enchanting nature of autumn is calling our names. I don’t want to feel confined to my desk, my computer or my campus this season. I want to uncover the richness of autumn in all its flavor.
I hope to do so through:
1. Taking a road trip through scenic highways with new-found friends
2. Picking red and green apples in a North Carolina orchard
3. Getting outside and wander through the forest with my friends for class projects and for fun
4. Infuse my life with possibility and adventure, meeting new people along the way and growing deeper in the relationships I have with others
5. Making it a habit to find rest everyday, to not get caught up in the busyness, to make room for adventure to move me
6. Being more spontaneous in my actions, making people a priority
7. Trying new fall recipes, using only natural ingredients
8. Opening myself to give more to others, less to myself
I’m here to make peace with the cooler months ahead. To carry along the impeccable adventure of summer into the refreshing fragrance of fall. We are meant to live wild and free, easily moved, easily sensitive, vulnerable. In busyness or rest, in easy or hard times, in good or not so good, we are here for it all. Let’s take this new season for what it has to give us: change.