Travel will surprise you. It will captivate you and pull you in. You never know what’s next on your path or what’s around the corner. That’s the most exciting about traveling: the surprises.
It can show up in a large fruit bowl presented by your homestay mother. Or a group of ducklings passing by on the river. It can be running into friend late at night, on the dark streets, when it feels a little less creepy knowing there’s someone you know and trust nearby. You can be surprised with the beauty of ancient ruins or the crisp taste of the Italian pizza crust, cooked to perfection.
No matter what: there are always surprises.
This weekend for me contains more surprises than many. I get to explore a new farmer’s market, eat amazing pizza with my family and spend time with my grandpa before going off to college. I also get to see some friends and catch up with them. I don’t know exactly what is going to happen, but I know that there will be some small moments of surprises weaved into the day.
Do you know what else surprises me? How amazed I can be reading your posts, articles, thoughts and prayers — and I haven’t even met most of you personally. I am amazed at all the joy that comes from interacting with this wonderful community online that is full of so much learning, encouraging and growing. That’s why I love sharing weekend links with you guys! To show you and others how much your posts have truly made a difference in my life and causes me to question, act, create, inspire and love. You are all amazing — and let’s check out some of that amazingness!
Links I Love:
- I loved Katie’s post about what to wear when you travel — isn’t her style amazing?
- Emily’s mini gallery wall is inspiring the one I hope to create in my apartment this fall
- Do your business cards need a pop of pizzazz — Melyssa’s DIY does the trick!
- These six questions really put things into perspective when your life is about to change
- Are you feeding or strangling your dreams?
- Why simplicity is important to ministry
- Whitney’s post made me so excited about this blogging community we have!
- I loved hearing about Sarah’s morning routine
- Kenzie’s reflections on culture shock spoke to my soul
What did you read this week that inspired you?
I hope you all have a chance to relax and be productive this week. Enjoy time with family and friend. Take in the last bits of summer weekends before the fall is upon us. Live it up and be free! You are amazing!