Hi friends! I hope you are having a great weekend so far. This weekend is a catch-up weekend for many of my projects and work things to do. While it is a cloudy Saturday, I am dreaming of sunny August skies, lying on the beach and catching up on some reading. This is the time of the year where I am excited for the next season and going back to school, but I also want to squeeze in enjoying summer’s treasures. So when the sun shines, I hope to be outside and enjoying it!
Here are so more links from around the web that got me inspired this week, both for back to school and for the summertime. From food to travel, I always love reading anything about taking a new adventure!
Links I Loved:
- “What I Wish I Knew Before Starting College” by Kory, which included awesome tips and advice especially as a graphic designer in school
- One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta >> because this girl is a pasta addict right here!
- Katie’s post is making me miss adventures in Turkey
- 10 Best Travel Destinations for 2014 from MindBodyGreen >> pleased and surprised to say I’ve made it to four of these this year!
- How To Build a Blogging Community + other exciting meetup opportunities with Madison coming up this fall!
- An inspiring TED talk on why we need to disconnect (get away from our phones) and back to reality
- Amazing macro photos of hummingbirds that shows animals are simply beautiful
- And one last plug for my Destination College: A Blog Hop going live on Monday morning! This is where you can link up any college posts so we can learn more about each other’s college experiences and give advice to incoming freshmen or underclassmen! I hope you join along!
This week will be a busy week for me, but I want to encourage you all (and myself) to take these last couple of weeks of summer slowly. Absorb the summer heat and the summer vibes around you. Focus on living in freedom and being free. Fight the chains around you that pull you in different directions, that distract you from your path, or that bring you down. You are free. Be free. Now is the perfect chance to forget your to-do list and experience pure joy–not a full schedule. There is freedom in our world. There is freedom in your world. Now, go out, maybe travel a bit further, but go out and explore. Enjoy this freedom!
Have an incredible weekend and let me know if you are off on any amazing, creative adventures!