It’s almost time, friends.
I leave for Sevilla in less than a week for about 4 months. That is so crazy! This doesn’t feel real. Is this real life?
But as so many professors, directors and advisors recommended, I decided to put together a list of goals for my trip. This can also be like a bucket list for Spain, too!
In case I haven’t fully explained what my trip is going to be like, here are some more details: I will be living in Sevilla, Spain, which is in the southern part of Spain until May 7. While I’m there, I will be studying communications, new media and journalism and taking electives in Spanish culture. I will also be staying with a host family, a mom and two kids! On the weekends, I’m planning to travel! It’s been one of my deepest desires to go to Italy, so maybe I’ll be able to! But Morocco and Cádiz, Spain are definite! Overall, I’m excited about this experience, but a little nervous too. I don’t really know too many people from my school going to Sevilla this semester, so I’m definitely stepping out of my comfort zone with that. We’ll see how everything goes, and I can’t wait to document it all for you guys!
My Study Abroad Goals
1. Learn to speak Spanish more conversationally. Push myself to speak up more often in Spanish during class and other field trips. Be confident to interview people on the streets in Spanish for my classes.
2. Participate in the intercambio program to practice Spanish and meet Spanish friends.
3. Gain more creative skills with writing, photography and digital media. Have an article published for my class magazine.
4. Challenge my views of diversity and learn more about the U.S. and how I live.
5. Go to a church service in Spain.
6. Blog 2-3 times a week about my adventures.
7. Travel to: Morocco, Portugal, Cádiz, Córdoba, Granada, Barcelona and Italy.
8. Be amazed.
9. Volunteer or join a club or activity outside of my program.
10. Ride a camel in Morocco!
Also, my Spain study abroad blog keeps up with me as I try to accomplish these goals!