Wow! I simply cannot believe how fast this year went by! But skipping the whole “time flies” thing, I want to say that 2013 has been one crazy but awesome year.
I often described 2013 as my “catch-up” year. Meaning I finished doing some life things that I probably should have done earlier such as getting my driver’s license or getting my wisdom teeth removed.
But now looking back, 2013 was more epic than that, and I can’t believe all that happened. I’m going to do a separate posts reflecting on my goals for the year and my goals for 2014, so keep a look out for that one too. But for now, enjoy my 2013 from January till now!
- Fell in love with making smoothies!
- Took a motion graphics class for Winter Term at my school and fell in love with kinetic typography.
- Did a 2-hour Zumbathon with awesome friends!
- Started my goal of writing in my journal everyday.
- I saw and met Laura Story in concert!
- Started my term as President of my sorority, and we had a successful recruitment.
- Spring semester started and I began my two upper-level Spanish classes and a marketing class!
- Ran in The Color Run with my friends!
- Went to Richmond, VA for an Intervarsity mission trip to work with an after-school activities and tutoring organization. We spent a week helping out, tutoring and playing with kids. We also had discussions at night with speakers from the community and it was easily one of the most influential weeks of this year for me!
- I had an awesome month with my sorority! I found out who my Little was and crafted so much for her! We went on a retreat for a weekend to the mountains, and we also went country line dancing a few minutes away from my school. It was an awesome month and I checked a couple things off of my college bucket list.
- My mom came and visited me for my sorority’s Ladies Luncheon weekend.
- I finished my spring semester of my sophomore year–crazy! And we said goodbye to the seniors and wished them all the best for life after college.
- I redesigned my blog and prepared to start posting more often.
- I took my first trip to Georgia for my sorority convention!
- Started working on my first branding project with my first internship.
- Went to the Outer Banks with my family!
- Participated in my first blog challenge, hosted by Southern Belle in Training–A Summer of Something New Blog Challenge where I made new DIY projects and recipes like summer guacamole.
- Went to Knoebels Amusement Park with family and friends for the July 4 holiday.
- Read Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge, one of my favorite books about life. Read my reflections of it here.
- I went to New York City for my first time in the city for an Interfaith Leadership Institute.
- It was a time of traveling up North–I also went to Atlantic City for the first time to celebrate my best friend’s 21st birthday.
- I got my driver’s license and a car down at school!
- And, at the end of August, I moved into my first apartment, ready to start my junior year at college!
- I started my internship working in creative arts for a church near my school.
- School, school and more school.
- Started to learn HTML & CSS for my Web Publishing class.
- I turned 20!
- Applied to study abroad in Seville, Spain and was accepted!
- Spent a beautiful weekend at the beach. Then spent a very cold weekend camping at a lake.
- School work on top of school work!
- Found some of my favorite bloggers and became obsessed with some of their blogs!
- Celebrated friends’ birthdays and had an awesome Thanksgiving with my family.
- Started getting stressed out for finals and the end of the semester.
- Went to a Christmas light show and my school’s annual festival of lights!
- Had a Christmas party with my sorority.
- Finished my fall semester and said goodbye to my apartment, my internship and my friends at school before I leave for Spain and they leave on their awesome adventures too.
- Got my wisdom teeth out and ate so many smoothies.
- Had an amazing Christmas with my family and friends.
- Started preparing for Spain and for 2014!
And for the rest of 2013, I will be working on some client projects, catching up with family and friends, blogging (woohoo!) and getting ready for Spain–how crazy!
I hope 2013 has been a blessing for all of you–I can’t believe how far I’ve come this year and how much I’ve grown. Reflecting on the past is really key for the future, and I can’t wait to see what 2014 brings!