I welcomed summer last Monday afternoon as I sipped on a homemade smoothie and hit send on my email to turn in my final paper. I’m waiting for one more grade from my classes, but so far so good!
But can I just say that it feels so weird to be on summer break, and I can’t believe it’s here already? What is this nonsense? I have a overflowing list of things I want to get done now that it’s summertime. But it’s summertime. It’s time to relax and enjoy, take a breather.
I can actually have some time to relax this summer as I’m not working a full-time internship or anything like that. I’m home, working at a fro-yo shop, doing some marketing for a non-profit, blogging and getting my driver’s license. So my schedule is random, but good! So now that it’s been a couple days of summer for me, I am now excited for what these few months bring!
1. Adobe Cloud Membership: I just purchased Adobe’s membership for students and I am beyond excited to have access to all my favorite programs this summer and beyond! It was kind of a given, because I needed it for work (see number 2) but it also means I can work on my graphic design skills in my free time. Perhaps even video as well.
2. Work for a Non-Profit: I got an awesome opportunity to do some marketing and communications work for a woman I babysit for. I just heard about it last week and I talked to her yesterday about it for a few hours. And it’s all things I’m loving to do! Designing logos, business cards, branding, press releases, videos, etc. It’s looking like it will be good experience, which is something I wanted for this summer but couldn’t seem to find. This is exactly up my alley for something I wanted to do, so I’m extra excited about it!
3. A new blog design!
4. More blogging! Along with a new design, comes new content! I have to plan a little bit, but I will be around here more often. Hopefully talking to you guys and getting know some more bloggers!
5. First New York Trip: I get to visit NYC for the first time in August! I’m going to an Interfaith Leadership Institute with a few students from my university for a few days. I’m ready to learn more and see a new city.
6. Sorority Convention: Speaking of new cities, I will also be going to Georgia next weekend with my sorority sisters for Sigma Alpha Omega Convention! I can’t wait to meet more girls from across the country and grow in our faiths together.
7. New Recipes: I’m so excited to try out new recipes and foods this summer. I am kinda on a health kick right now, so anything fruits or vegetables or along those lines is really catching my apetite right now. Also, it will be good practice for when I get my apartment next year.
8. Time to Read: I usually go through several books on my reading list in the summer. This year, I have several I’m excited to read that are less for entertainment and more for my own personal learning and growth. But still, there are some fiction books and fun ones in there too!
9. I get to plan my study abroad trip for Spring 2014!
10. Family Time: I can’t wait to spend time with the family and maybe go on a vacation this year. Last year, it was hard to plan, but maybe this year I can relax for a week, soaking up some sun!
I would love to know what you are excited about for summer!