I’ve learned that making goals is awesome, but reflecting on how far you’ve come can be even more fulfilling.
We are called to remember. We are called to look at the past. At the happy moments. The successes. And the failures. The good times and the moments that changed us forever. So today, I’m recapping my 2013 goals and resolutions!
My 2013 Goals/Bucket List:
- Run in the Color Run! Check! I ran in The Color Run and it was a blast! Read about it here.
- Go country line dancing. Another check! I went to a country bar with a bunch of my sorority sisters to do some line dancing!
- Read the New Testament. I didn’t finish this one this year, but I read through all the Gospels and I’m almost done with Acts right now. So, this one is in progress!
- Go to a concert. I went to a Laura Story worship concert back in February! I hope to go to more concerts or see more performances when I’m abroad!
- Maintain my blog. Eh, this one is iffy, since I was prone to blogging breaks because of school. But I did post a couple times during the year!
- Get an internship. I got one! And I completed one! Check!
- Visit a city I’ve never been to before. I visited three cities I’ve never been to before! They were: New York City; Athens, Georgia; and Atlantic City in New Jersey!
- Go to California. Nope!
- Get my driver’s license. Check! I’m so glad I got my license this year! And I was even able to have a car down at school, so I could drive to my internship several times a week.
- Journal everyday for a year. I journaled for about 8/9 months in a row. So I consider that an accomplishment! I hope to write more in 2014.
- Practice Zumba. Yes! I love Zumba. I took classes at school, during my family vacation and this week while I’ve been home.
- Improve my photography skills. I’ve been learning a little bit more about my camera, but I will be learning more in a photography class next semester.
- Plan to study abroad. I’m GOING! Eeep! Sevilla, here I come!
My 2013 Resolutions: A Reflection
My 2013 resolutions were in three categories: health, self and spirituality. As a whole, I didn’t completely fulfill my resolutions, but that means there’s room to make goals for next year!
My overall resolutions included (I go more into detail in this post) :
- Get back in shape. There were times this year where I was in better shape, but I didn’t making working out a priority this past fall. I was a little bit more conscious of healthy habits overall though!
- Take better care of myself. There are still habits I want to break and healthier habits to keep up.
- Maintain my own creative space. I did a lot of more DIY projects this year and had a better sense of creativity as a whole–outside of school and work projects.
- Develop my blog. I did develop the name, design and content on my blog this year! I hope to have a complementary study abroad blog next year and then continue posting on here too! I’m so blessed to become more a part of the blogging community, too!
- Journal everyday. I mentioned this one up there, but I almost made it!
- Read the New Testament. Again, this overlaps with my goals, but I’m learning that God is in control of my spiritual life. I’m learning to depend on him more than ever.
- Spend more time with God. I was better at this at different times throughout the year, but I’m excited to spend some more time with the Lord today and everyday.
And that’s a wrap for 2013! Stay tuned for my 2014 goals, which simply may be a study abroad bucket list! Love you all! Wishing you the happiest New Year!