This year I am very excited about the gifts I’m giving. I have a few crafty ideas up the sleeves of my cozy sweaters this year. I am gifting most of these items or items like them. I still have some shopping to do.
This year I’m buying for my family, my two good friends, and some of my sorority sisters. I am participating in a Christmas Buddies exchange nationwide with my Sigma Alpha Omega sisters, so I have to send a girl a gift as well. It’s sometimes hard to think of a gift to give a person you haven’t met before, but I thought of a few general ideas. Hopefully this gift guide helps you, too. I thought of a lot of general gifts that can work for a lot of people! Well, at first glance, these gifts work for the women in your life, but many can be applied to men too.
1. Typography Wall Art: Such a great gift idea for people who are decorating a dorm room, apartment or are getting started on their own. Words of encouragement are perfect and can relate to everyone! If you want to get crafty, look for some ideas on Pinterest to make your own typography wall art. (I have a post on this coming up!)
2. Music Note Necklace: If you know anyone who likes music, this is a great idea. I like really dainty necklaces, and jewelry is always a great gift. Everyone can wear necklaces. I was planning on giving something like this to one of my friends.
3. Moccasin Slippers: I’m planning to give these to my mom, since she is looking for a new pair. I have some of my own and I love them! They would work well as a gift for your mom, sister, friend, and many others!
4. Bath & Body Works candles: I absolutely love smelling these whenever I go into Bath & Body works. Although I’m not allowed to have candles in my dorm, these would make a great gift for anyone who enjoys holiday scents.
5. Auntie Anne’s Gift Card: This is a tad random, but I may give one of these to my mom this year, considering she loves their pretzels. You can go with any restaurant or store you’d like, but keeping in mind what your family or friends like can lead to a good gift card purchase!
6. A Cupcake Calendar: I gave one of these to my sorority sister because she loves anything sweet. Everyone can use a new calendar for the year. My mom usually gets my brother and I a calendar every year, but getting one for your friends would be a great gift. They come in so many different themes, it’s easy to find something that would stick out for them. Plus, the one I got was only $1 at Target!
7. A Scarf: Scarves are something I can never get sick of getting or giving. I think I’m going to give my Christmas Buddy for the Sigma Alpha Omega gift exchange a pretty scarf. I love how scarf prices range from around $5 and up. So finding one that fits into the $20 spending limit would be easy!
8. Chronicle Books ‘Collected Quotations’ Journal: I just stumbled upon this on Nordstrom’s website and it looks like a great gift for a friend. It’s a journal but also a place to but memorable quotes. I love the cover of the journal, and I think it would inspire someone to start writing what inspires them.
9. Different Types of Mugs (A Holiday Mug & A Girly Mug): Mugs are always very useful, and you can find a variety of different designs to match a person’s taste. A mug can be a generic gift unless you pick one out with a unique design. I received a mug this year for a White Elephant exchange and I really like it because it had a design on it I really enjoyed. These can be good for friends, coworkers, or family.
10. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent: I am giving this book as part of my gift exchange as well. This book is on my reading list, but my mom has read it and really enjoyed it. She is also giving this book to some of her friends for Christmas. We found a good deal on it at the Family Christian Book Store on Black Friday. It was only $5! I look forward to reading it and passing it along. I always ask for books for Christmas and giving a book is always a great gift idea, too!
What are you giving for the holidays this year?